- On Saturday May 5, the Parks people will be helping us get the trees planted, and we'll plant the shrubs.
- On Saturday May 19, we volunteers will be planting the perennials.
- on a day TBD in August, we'll have a dedication and celebration event at the garden
- on a day TBD in September, 1st and 2nd grade students from nearby Niagara Elementary school will come to plant a few things, look at some pollinators, and learn about the garden.
- First Nations people. We're planting only native plants, and we will be putting a Smudging Herbs and other medicinal plants section in the garden, but we need your wisdom and help to guide us.
- People who live, work, or play in the park. We hope you'll help us with ideas that make it more fun for you, and especially your children and grandchildren. The trees we're planting are for the next 100-200 years! We want neighbours to love them and take care of them.
|Tulip tree, food plant for Tiger Swallowtail butterflies|
|Spicebush swallowtail - by Greg Hume, CC BY-SA 3.0|